Wednesday, February 25, 2009

3 Muslims & 4 Chinese

I was having dinner with my colleague, Kyaw, this evening. He was telling me stories in Myanmar many years ago. He said that the British brought people from India into Burma and immigrants from China moved to Burma as well. At that time in the whole of Myanmar, Muslim has only 3 "persons" and Chinese only 4 "persons". In my mind, I was thinking how the hell did Myanmar multiply its Muslims and Chinese community with just 3 Muslims and 4 Chinese???? I know that there are quite a number of Muslims and Chinese living in Myanmar at the moment. So I asked him, "Kyaw, why Myanmar only 3 Muslims and 4 Chinese at that time? So everyone knows these 7 people since the government and you know that there are such a small community exist in the country?" He also puzzled by my question so I told him what I understand from his story. He then exclaimed.... not "Person"..."Persen...Persen Persen... Percentage!!!". We had a good laugh. This should be the "n" times I misunderstood my dear friend. The first time, I mistook his "Good for Health" into a whole new meaning, "Go to hell", he nearly fainted on the spot. Will post Kyaw's picture soon. He looks like HK star, εˆ˜ι’δΊ‘ but many aunties mistook him as Malay and kept speaking Malay to him even he replied in English. Our company cleaner aunty (who is Chinese)still think that he is a Malay and kept talking to him in Malay everyday?!!???!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment